MP Art - Art
Madhya Pradesh is a land which hosts vibrancy in its every nook and corner resulting which it is also known for its rich cultural heritage and the fairs/festivals that are conducted year-round. All these fairs and festivals interweave souls of different religion and drench them in the color of festivities.
Here’s a quick look at the festivals that one can enjoy while on a trip to the heart of India:
- LOKRANG: A cultural festival that brings in artists from various backgrounds presenting various folk dances and songs of their respective backgrounds. One can also witness the exhibition of art and craft prepared by the artists from different communities. This exhibition remains on display throughout Lokrang.
Duration: Five days
Special attractions: folk dances and music
- KHAJURAHO DANCE FESTIVAL: This week-long dance festival is the manifestation of India’s dance forms. The cultural presentation is an intriguing spectacle of art and traditions of India presented in the form of dance. This cultural festival highlights the richness of Indian classical dance styles like Kathak, Bharatnatyam, Odissi, Kuchipudi, Manipuri, Kathakali etc.
When: first week of February
Duration: a week
Special attractions: classical dance performances
- TANSEN SAMAROH: If you are someone who has a keen interest in listening to some soulful music then Tansen samaroh is the festival for you. The festival is the oldest and one of the best musical festivals in India and is a tribute to legendary musical maestro Tansen.
Duration: four days
Special attraction: Indian classical vocal and musical performances
- AKHIL BHARTIYA KALIDAS SAMAROH
Every year, Akhil Bhartiya Kalidas Samaroh at Ujjain is organized with much fanfare. So, it would make sense to plan your tour to this city at the same time so that you may relish some good cultural performances at this event.
Special attractions: Literary presentations together with Indian classical programs and dramas
- RAAG AMEER
Raag Ameer, is organised in the memory of Ustad Amir Khan by Ustad Alauddin Khan Sangeet evam Kala Academy of Madhya Pradesh Cultural Council.
When: January and March
Duration: Three days
Special attraction: Classical music
- ALAUDDIN KHAN SANGEET SAMAROH
Allauddin Khan Sangeet Samaroh is an ode to Ustad Allauddin Khan. This program is organized by the Ustad Allauddin Khan Sangeet Academy in collaboration with the Madhya Pradesh Sanskriti Parishad, the district administration as well as the local people. Allauddin Khan Sangeet Samaroh in Maihar offers a chance to witness presentations by several artists of Indian classical music.
Duration: Three days
Special attraction: classical music