Madhya Pradesh - Seals Maximum Awards at the NTA
It’s been more than two decades that the Ministry of Tourism has been honouring the state tourism boards, hotels, tour operators, guides, and private organisation with rewards via the prestigious National Tourism Awards. Like every year, this year’s award ceremony of ‘National Tourism Awards, 2016-17’ was again held on World Tourism Day on September 27 in order to celebrate the occasion.
The awards were presented by the Union Minister for Tourism Shri. K J Alphons in New Delhi. A total of 77 awards were accorded to the stakeholders, state governments, central agencies and individuals associated with the tourism industry.
From the perspective of tourism, Madhya Pradesh has tremendously emerged as a popular tourist-friendly state and received many palms from around the world. This year, Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board at the ceremony, bagged a total of 10 awards in different categories including the prominent Hall of Fame, an accolade given to the states who receive the Best State Award for three consecutive years.
The list of the awards is as follows:
- Best State for Adventure Tourism - Madhya Pradesh
- Swachhta Award - Indore
- Excellence in Publishing in the foreign language - (German brochure)
- Excellence in Publishing- English - Kanha coffee table book
- Best Heritage city - Mandu
- Civic management of Tourist Destination- category B - Omkareshwar
- Best airport - Indore
- Best Heritage walk - Indore
- Best Wildlife guide - Mr. Radhika Prasad Omre
- Best Heritage hotel - Deo Bagh Palace